Hederman Brothers Printing
Hederman Brothers began modestly in 1898, with brothers Robert and Tom Hederman working in a second story office over a Chinese laundry and barbershop in Jackson, Mississippi.
By 1907, Hederman Brothers had moved to East Pearl Street where it would reside for the next 85 years. In 1928, Hederman Brothers purchased the first offset printing press tooperate in Mississippi.
After forty years of steady growth, Robert's sons, Zach and Henry, assumed control of the thriving company in 1938. In 1955, Hederman Brothers installed their first two color offsetpress. Hederman Brothers purchased their first electronic typesetting system in 1965 and shared it with The Clarion Ledger.
In 1982, Henry and his son, Hap, purchased the printing company from the other family members with plans of expanding the 40,000 square-foot office in downtown Jackson.
With business and technology booming in 1993, Hederman Brothers purchased their first Heidelberg 40" six color press with aqueous coating capability and embraced another challenge, moving 7 miles north to Ridgeland, Mississippi and nearly doubling the size of the downtown printing facility.
With computers becoming more popular and efficient, Hederman Brothers installed a digital pre-press system in 1994, which included graphic design workstations, color scanning, electronic stripping, digital proofing and direct to film output.
In 1998, Hederman Brothers celebrated its 100th anniversary and became the first and only commercial printing company in Mississippi to be certified to ISO 9001:1994 Quality Standards. In March 2009, the company recertified to the latest ISO Quality Standards: ISO 9001:2008.
In 2001, Hederman Brothers would challenge itself again by adding $3.5 million in new equipment to better suit its clients’ needs.
2005 brought a new division to Hederman Brothers, Hederman Direct. With the addition of this department, we also added digital presses to our mix.
In 2006, Doug Hederman was named President of Hederman Brothers; he was named COO in 2008. With the passing of Hap Hederman in 2009, Doug became CEO of Hederman Brothers. Along with his responsibilities at Hederman Brothers, Doug also serves on many community Board of Directors: Mississippi Baptist Health System, Young Life of Central Mississippi, Jackson Heart Foundation, Lantern Medical Clinic and the Powers & Lake Foundation. He is a former member of the Greater Jackson Partnership and University of Mississippi Alumni Association Board of Directors.
Hederman Brothers has continued to grow in 2010 with the addition of a Xerox iGen3 digital press along with adding software for Cross Media Campaigns (direct mail, email blast, text messaging, and mapping). During the year, the company also saw 24% growth in the total number of direct mail pieces they mailed for their clients.
Hederman Brothers prides itself on being a company built on pride, quality, loyalty and family.