NEW FILING REQUIREMENTS: Starting July 1st, 2017 all UCC filings, including agricultural liens, must be entered in our online filing system. All UCC filings may be submitted and paid for online. UCC filings may still be printed out after entry in to the system and mailed to the Secretary of State with payment. Any UCC document not generated in the Secretary of State system will be returned unprocessed.

In addition, starting July 1, 2017, agricultural liens will no longer require the signature of the debtor. Consequently, they may be submitted and paid for online.

We encourage you to pay for and submit UCC documents online, as those filings are immediately posted to our system. If we may be of assistance, please contact our customer service line at 601-359-1633, toll free at 1-800-256-3494.  Or, you may also email us at customerservice@sos.ms.gov. Thank you again for your patience as we continue to update our system.

The Mississippi Secretary of State serves as the filing officer for Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) documents which are required under the Uniform Commercial Code, the set of laws governing commercial transactions. These documents include financing statements for manufactured homes, transmitting utilities, farm liens, and other entities.

Administration of UCC filings makes certain commercial transactions possible. Keeping Mississippi UCC laws current with those across the country helps gives lenders and borrowers the security necessary to do business in Mississippi.


P. O. Box 136
Jackson, MS 39205-0136
Toll-Free: 800-256-3494
Phone: 601-359-1633
Fax: 601-359-1607