To raise investment capital via the internet through an Invest Mississippi Crowdfunding proposal, a business must first organize as a Mississippi Corporation or a Limited Liability Company (LLC) with the Mississippi Secretary of State's Office.
An eligible Mississippi business may then begin developing a business equity crowdfunding proposal by:
- Determining how much money will be raised and for what specific purposes the investment will be used.
- Deciding whether to solicit investments from Mississippi residents only or from both Mississippi residents and non-residents.
- Completing online registration forms which include the investment offering, financial, and other information about the company seeking investments, and the company's business plan. This information will be provided to potential investors.
- Preparing financial statements and projections to share with potential investors.
- Filing the offering documents and obtaining acknowledgment by the Secretary of State's Office before offering the investment proposal.