The Mississippi Secretary of State provides Apostilles and Authentication's for foreign countries. In order to provide this service, documents must be notarized by a Mississippi Notary Public or bear the signature of a Mississippi Public official. The cost is $5.00 per document. For further information regarding document preparation, please contact the Notary Division at 601-359-1615.
- Please send original documents
- Please fill out the information sheet found at the bottom of this page.
- Make checks or money orders payable to Secretary of State.
- Please be aware a notary who is not an employee of the issuing governmental agency shall neither certify nor authenticate a copy of any official government document including but not limited to the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Death Certificate
- Drivers License
- Social Security Card
- Any official Security Card
- If you wish to use Federal Express our physical address is:
Secretary of State
125 S. Congress Street
Jackson, MS 39202
if you elect to use Federal Express or UPS to send your documents to the Secretary of State’s office and would like the same in return, you MUST include in your original Federal Express/ UPS envelope, an additional PREPAID completed Federal Express/UPS return envelope to return your documents to the desired destination. Please be aware that if you do not include a return Federal Express/UPS pre-paid envelope your documents will be returned by regular mail
- For further information regarding document preparation, please contact the Notary Division at 601-359-1615.