WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO GET A VOTER ID CARD?
To get FREE Mississippi Voter Identification Card, take any ONE of the following types of documents to the Circuit Clerk's office:
- Any expired but valid photo identity document having the voter's name and photograph issued by the U.S. government or any U.S. state
- A birth certificate or any other document with the voter's full legal name, date and place of birth
- A Social Security card
- A Medicare card
- A Medicaid card
- A Mississippi Voter Registration Card
- Any of the following, as long as it includes the voter's name and current address:
- Utility bill issued within the preceding six months
- Bank statement issued within the preceding six months
- Paycheck issued within the preceding six months
- Government check issued within the preceding six months
- IRS Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement issued within the current calendar year
- Any other government document issued within the current calendar year
What if I don't have any of these documents?