HOW CAN I GET A MISSISSIPPI VOTER ID CARD?
It is EASY and FREE! All Mississippi Circuit Clerks are authorized to issue Mississippi Voter Identification Cards to all Mississippi registered voters who do not have any of the other acceptable forms of photo ID.
- You must first be a registered voter in Mississippi. Download a voter registration form.
- Go to any Circuit Clerk's Office during regular business hours. (Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) If you need a ride, call 1-844-MSVOTER (1-844-678-6837).
- Present ONE form of acceptable identification. Check the list of acceptable documents.
- If you do not have any of the identification documents listed, the clerk may verify birth information free of charge if you provide your date of birth, the state where you were born, and your mother's maiden name.
- Complete and sign a Voter ID Application. Assistance will be provided, if requested. View a sample application form.
- Have your picture taken at the Circuit Clerk's Office.
- Your Voter ID card will be mailed to you.
- If the next election is within 45 days, you will receive a receipt for your Mississippi Voter Identification Card from the Circuit Clerk. The receipt may be used as your photo ID when voting at the polls.